Subject: Re: sendmail.mc ?
To: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2002 09:41:45
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Randy Arabie wrote:

> I need to make some changes to my sendmail configuration.  I'm
> new to NetBSD, and thought the task would be similar to other
> Unices.
>
> I went to /usr/share/sendmail/cf to edit my sendmail.mc file.
>
> But there is none there.  It appears there are examples there for
> different hosts (i.e. boat-anchor.mc).  Can I just pick one,
> make my changes, and use that as my sendmail.mc?  I assume just
> pick one that is 'close' to what I need then make my site specific
> modifications.

"netbsd-proto.mc" is the one used to generate the "sendmail.cf" shipped
with the base system, so you'll probably want to start with that.

By the way, I like to keep my ".mc" file in "/etc/mail". If you replace

  include(`../m4/cf.m4')

with

  define(`_CF_DIR_',`/usr/share/sendmail/')
  include(`/usr/share/sendmail/m4/cf.m4')

you can run "m4 foo > sendmail.cf" from any directory.

Frederick