Subject: which recent Thinkpads run NetBSD 1.5.2?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2002 17:42:14
Hi.  I'm finally able to afford a new laptop (my last one was a
Compaq 5380) and naturally I want it to run NetBSD.  Among the
various vendors I've pretty much narrowed it down to IBM.

However, it's difficult to figure out which models will work
with the latest release of NetBSD, especially considering
the various video, DVD, network, wireless, etc. components
that are bundled in to different models.

I assume that some of the NetBSD developers use recent Thinkpads.
Could folks who are using them let me know which models work well?

(note: device support in -current doesn't help much unless those
device drivers can be folded into a 1.5.2 kernel.)

thanks,

Keith