Subject: Kernel build problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2002 13:04:43
OK, so I'm finally getting around to updating my system to 1.5.3_ALPHA.  I'm
running into a problem compiling my kernel.  I'm getting an assembler error
in arch/i386/isa/npx.c (native FP coprocessor support) stating that I'm
using some non-386 instructions (fxsave and fxrstor).  This is on an i686,
so I have a native FP coprocessor.  I see a "-Di386" flag on the command
line.  Do I somehow need to specify the machine arch (beyond i386)?  I've
compiled the kernel before, and I didn't have this problem, but that was
with the 1.5.1 sources (I don't think that should matter, though).  Should I
have configured something before I ran "make depend"?  I have all the
options except I686_CPU commented out in my config file, should I specify
all of them?

Thanks!
-- Tracy