Subject: Re: VNC thru SSH via IPNAT?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/2002 00:34:28
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:31:45PM -0500, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:

> I've got a local net of 3 WinNT's and one NetBSD in Detroit. The NetBSD has
> SSH and two IP's. I want to SSH from a Win98 in Kalamazoo to the NetBSD in
> Detroit so as to VNC from any of the 3 WinNT's to the Win98 in Kalamazoo.
>
> Will IPNAT do that for SSH the same as for PPP? It is only for the three
> machines to the one machine across all that lies between. I'm hoping to not
> have to learn routed or gated.

Gan,

Short answer: /usr/pkgsrc/security/ssh-ip-tunnel

Works like a champ, once you figure out what it wants (the
documentation is a little thin).

If you make your ssh tunnel ip addresses on the same network as the
ethernets, you don't even need ipnat.  Otherwise, sure you can use
NAT; just treat the tunnel on ppp0 as your external interface.

--jkl