Subject: Re: Adding installation sets later?
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/2002 06:08:19
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Chris Pinnock wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:19:17AM -0500, Johan A. van Zanten wrote:
> >  The installation sets in .../NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/sparc/binary/sets appear
> > to be just gzip'd tar balls.  If i want to add some non-required sets
> > after a machine has been up and running for some time, is there any better
> > way than:
> >
> > cd /
> > tar zxf .../NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/sparc/binary/sets/games.tgz

If you boot the CD and start the installation program there is an option
to upgrade and/or add additional packages to an existing installation.
That is how I subsequently added games to my 1.5.2 installation.

It brings up the list of sets, I just picked the games and proceeded,
thankfully it skipped the partition and format steps installed what I
requested ;-)

--
Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg