Subject: Re: internal modem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Irwan Wibowo <irwanwibowo@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2002 17:25:37
--- Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 02:46:55AM -0800, Irwan
> Wibowo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just curious, is there anyone who has an internal
> > modem and manages to connect to their ISPs?
> > I'm really desperate here. My modem works
> perfectly in
> > Windows, I can successfully send AT commands and
> get
> > results, but I just couldn't do it in NetBSD.
>
> How does NetBSD probe your modem ? Are you sure this
> isn't a winmodem ?

com2 at isapnp0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, working
fifo

That means my modem is detected properly, right?
And I also got this message:

isapnp: <K56 SVD/SP, BNK1361, ,> irq 0 not configured

Does anyone know what it is?
On Windows it is detected as Netcomm in3424
(reserved).

> > And another newbie question, how do you mount
> floppy
> > disks, cd-roms, etc without being root?
>
> You need to have read/write access of the block
> device, and be owner of
> the mount point.

I tried to mount a floppy disk, and I belong to wheel
and operator groups, but I got this error:

mount_msdos: /dev/fd0a on /mnt/floppy: operation not
permitted.

Thanks.

Irwan