Subject: Re: Off-Topic -- Modem Alert
To: Beaker <beaker1119@yahoo.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2002 17:39:48
At 2:15 AM -0500 2/17/02, Laine Stump wrote:
>"Beaker" <beaker1119@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  Since you can't visually tell them apart, I'm wondering -  are there any
>>  inexpensive diagnostic devices available for testing RJ11 ports?  By
>>  inexpensive, I'm thinking something along the lines of those three-prong
>  > electrical outlet testers - typically $4-$8. Would be real handy
>it seems...
>
>Their website is at www.warrior.com, and according to it these little
>things cost $39.95. Luckily mine was a gift from my brother ;-)

I've got an inexpensive 56k PC card from Ositech (Trump Card) that is
smart enough to know the difference, and will work with PBX systems.
I think it would be better to spend the $$$ on a card that won't be
fried than to spend the $$$ protecting a "lesser" card. That way you
only have the one card and dongle/cord to carry instead of the card
and the tester.

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.