Subject: Re: Off-Topic -- Modem Alert
To: None <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2002 06:01:13
James and all,

> Gan, was that an RJ-11 jack, four wires?  I thought PBXes use RJ-45
> jacks, and I would have been burned, too.  Just curious.

It was an RJ-11, and colored ivory, but nested into the same drop as a pair
of RJ-45's, colored orange. While back at the old plant all the analog phone
lines are RJ-45's and ivory.

The company will either pay for my loss or else cease to enjoy the use of my
personal equipment together with the dedication of any further portion of my
free time. Know that, one of their bigger deals in the test lab is a
time-expansion algorithm for multi-channel, digitized, analog control signals
which I wrote (and maintain -- on my free time) in PostSript. Ha!

Someone has hinted obliquely that Accounting, while lacking a procedure for
recompense of personal property, is happy to write off excess milage. How
truly bizzare is that?

Regards,

Gan

--

Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

Newbie-2-Newbie NetBSD Unix How-To Pages at...
http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html