Subject: Re: pkg_add via FTP proxy? (NetBSD newbie :)
To: Andreas Behnert <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, abehn@gmx.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2002 06:35:02
In article <3C6F0D74.AA2CA35B@gmx.net> you wrote:
> in our LAN, no routing or NAT/MASQ to the internet. Is it possible to
> use pkg_add via FTP proxy? The proxy is listening on port 21, accepts
> both active and passive FTP and expects "USER userid@hostname", for
> instance "USER anonymous@ftp.netbsd.org"
>
> There isn't any proxy stuff mentioned in the pkg_add man page:
> http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pkg_add+.sparc+NetBSD-current
> but maybe there is some sort of magic environment variable or
> an config file entry or something like that?   :)

pkg_add(8) just uses ftp(1), which allows setting the "ftp_proxy" and
"http_proxy" env vars. (No further clue on them here, though - I've never
needed them ;)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html