Subject: Re: maybe it's just the thinkpad...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/2002 17:17:33
> so, i'm running X, and once or twice a day, i get a 5 second system freeze followed by a hard reboot. no kernel core images are to be found anywhere -- just a flickering screen an then the ibm logo and then netbsd boots.

thanks to Rex McMaster for pointing out a recent thread suggesting to go back to 4.1.0. i've done that, and no crashes thus far!

now, here's a more generic question: let's say that i'd really like to do a clean install of 1.5ZA (necessary for my thinkpad/orinoco) and 4.1.0 (necessary for my thinkpad).

what is the best way of going about this? i can backup all my own files, so i'd sort of like to do something like i did when i put 1.5.2 on the system (boot from a floppy, do a net install, etc.)  unfortunately, that's where i started two weeks ago.

thanks,

/mtr