Subject: Aperture module for XFree86?
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/2002 17:28:51
I just built a kernel with INSECURE *off*, and obviously this prevents XFree86
from working.  I found some messages recommending the "aperture" LKM as a
solution, and there is indeed a pkgsrc/sysutils/aperture directory, but it
doesn't build -- the archive doesn't appear to exist on the server.

The build is looking for:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/aperture-2.0/apNetBSD.shar

But there is no "aperture-2.0" directory on the server.

The XFree86 docs point to:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/archi/i386/apNetBSD.shar

Is this just a package bug?  Should I send-pr it, or is there
a reason for the mismatch?

Thanks,

-- Lars

--