Subject: Re: sysctl & process limitations
To: William R. Mussatto <mussatto@csz.com>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2002 15:43:40
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, William R. Mussatto wrote:

> Have you checked on the ulimit for the user that is mysql?

I did, but had only set it "dynamically".  I did raise it quite high,
5000 I believe.  After that I initiated the load, but from a "normal"
user shell which had the default proc.[shell_pid].rlimit.descriptors.soft=64
limitation.  Hence my question, from where does the load inherit its limit.

I'm stepping back and looking at where I should set it at the kernel level,
and then where I can set it for specific users and/or processes.

--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg