Subject: Regarding make build for netbsd....
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2002 15:50:18
Hi,

Does running

#sh build.sh in /usr/src build and installs or do I have to do "make install"
to actually install the freshly compiled netbsd src?

Also, how come netbsd doesn't automatically update the "uname -a" after you
built and installed from the current sources?  I've originally had
NetBSD-1.5ZA and after the CVSUP, building from source and installation done,
I expected to see something like, NetBSD-current or something like that.  But,
instead, uname -a still gives NetBSD-1.5ZA.  Do I need to specify the name of
the release in mk.conf or something?

Sung N. Cho