Subject: Re: cvs update to lastest 1.5 code
To: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2002 13:57:16
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> After looking at the CVS docs that is what I did.  I figure at some point aux
> was removed from the repository??
>
> Anyway after I did that it succeeded however, I ran into another problem.
> When I performed the following steps using the new source tree:
>
> cd distrib/i386/floppies ; make

You can't build a distribution that way. You're supposed to do "make
release" at the top, with ${DESTDIR} and ${RELEASEDIR} set
appropriately. It would be neat if there were a handy way to build
just the floppies -- to work on them -- but that probably wouldn't be
what you want: the sets lists on the sysinstall floppies are
synchronized with the installed files, so whatever floppy you build
would be wrong for anything but the sets you build from the same
sources, and you can't make those sets until you build the whole tree.

Frederick