Subject: Re: HELP! Can't get network to work (for real!!)
To: None <jah@suespammers.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Mancuso <unishell@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/31/2001 19:07:33
this might help a bit more then the first :)   ...already dipping into the
drinks ;)  so my happy holidays

do you have your network settings for sip0 configured correctly?

Local network settings can be hardwired inside /etc/rc.conf
( man rc.conf or /etc/defaults/rc.conf for details),
along with other files

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-net.html#AEN2452

and if you need an outside network you can configure a
dhcp client with dhclient=YES in /etc/rc.conf  then configure
/etc/dhclient.conf

or PPP…I don’t know I’m lucky enough to have a broadband connection :)

without more info that’s the most I know..

what does ifconfig say?

Peace
Pete
Out