Subject: Re: Linux -> Linksys router -> NetBSD 1.5 problems
To: badbob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
From: Jeff Workman <jworkman@pimpworks.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/28/2001 19:28:41
Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as badbob exclaimed:

> Jeff,
> I need some more info to help you properly.
> I am running netbsd 1.4 and 1.5, linux, free, vms, et al with a linksys.
> Right now I am downloading a redhat 7.2 iso image to pop on to an
> alpha.  So, what do I need:
>
> What version of firmware do you have?

1.39.1

> do you have any ports enabled/forwarded?

Ports 22 and 6346.

> The Linksys does do nat automagically.  It generally assumes that
> you have set up the inside network and are using a single address out.
> Many of us linksys users set up 192.168.x.x as the inside net.
> Many of us do not use DHCP inside.

I don't use DHCP either, everything has static IPs and DHCP has been
turned off on the Linksys.

> Are you doing any logging with the linksys?

I have turned on logging but it looks like the linksys is using SNMP traps
for logging, instead of syslog, and I don't have snmpd or snmptrapd
running on the loghost.

This is a very small network, consisting of the 2 Linux machines, and the
SGI.  It's on 192.168.1.0/24 with the linksys at 192.168.1.1

Thanks,
-Jeff