Subject: Re: Linux -> Linksys router -> NetBSD 1.5 problems
To: Jeff Workman <jworkman@pimpworks.org>
From: badbob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/28/2001 19:17:38
Jeff,
I need some more info to help you properly.
I am running netbsd 1.4 and 1.5, linux, free, vms, et al with a linksys.
Right now I am downloading a redhat 7.2 iso image to pop on to an
alpha.  So, what do I need:

What version of firmware do you have?
do you have any ports enabled/forwarded?
The Linksys does do nat automagically.  It generally assumes that
you have set up the inside network and are using a single address out.
Many of us linksys users set up 192.168.x.x as the inside net.
Many of us do not use DHCP inside.
Are you doing any logging with the linksys?
hope I can help
bob