Subject: VMware
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Brown <munkay@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/24/2001 02:38:09
I have a couple of small problems with VMware at the moment, and was
wondering if anyone had managed to get it working.

First of all, when running vmware I get a message saying it cannot run the
executable, several times in the same dialog box.  As a normal user, I hit
the OK button, and a screen test comes up on the screen which will not go,
even if I kill X.  Only a reboot clears it.

I found out soon enough however, that running it as root did not cause the
screen to lock on the screen test, and I could carry on.

I setup a configuration file for Windows 98, and then clicked on the Power
On button.. to get the following...

Cannot find /proc/cpuinfo

So I setup procfs with a little help, but to no avail.

This is probably something really really simple, but I just don't know
where to look... I would imagine that there will be other things needed in
/proc too, such as memory etc.. but I am purely guessing here.

All help gratefully received!

Steve