Subject: RE: sysinst and scripting
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2001 16:32:57
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Tim Rightnour wrote:
>=20
> On 10-Dec-01 Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
> > Yesterday I tried to use the scripting feature of sysinst the first tim=
> > and it doesn't work. The first problem seems to be the following lines:
>=20
> When I orignally wrote the code, I ran a complete install via the script,=
 and
> got an identical machine.
>=20
> It's entirely possible that over the years, some of it has bitrotted, and=
 may
> no longer be writing out the appropriate data.  I would file a PR on it i=
f I
> were you, preferrably with both a log and complete script from the origin=
al
> install. =20

I will file a PR, but the log is also a problem because the default root
filesystems seems to be to small for the log of a ftp install session. Is
there an easy way to expand it or will I need another set of install
disks?

> If you want, you could also try to fix it, it would not be particularly
> difficult to fix.

If my C-knowledge would be better I would have done it.

=09Regards
        J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg