Subject: Re: A question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2001 09:53:32
Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@stevens-tech.edu> wrote:
> I am familiar with the netBSD operating system by using it in the cs lab
> at stevens institute of technology but now I ran into a problem when i
> tried to install it.
> I downloaded the iso files from the netbsd.stevens-tech ftp site
> (i386cd.iso,  i386pkg1.iso, i386pkg2.iso, i386pkg3.iso) into my computer
> running windows xp.
> Then i recorded the images into cds, but when I ry to open them under
> windows it says "D is unavailable, the file is corrupt and unreachable"

As others suggested, it's likely that your image is corrupt.  Before
burning it, you should have checked if the md5 sum is correct.  Also, I
suspect that you burned the iso file as a normal file to a cd, rather
than burning it as an _image_ to the cd.

-Jan

P.S.: If you like, email me in person or stop by in the lab at some point and
I'll give you a good cd.  Or you can drop off your machine here and I'll
install it (though this would deprive you off the fun and the
learning-process of installing the system yourself).

--
http://www.netmeister.org
http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~jschauma/