Subject: Re: Xircom CardBus 10/100+56K 32bit support?
To: dr4ma <drama@slakin.net>
From: Stephen Brown <munkay@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2001 12:21:37
> I am wondering if this card is supported by NetBSD or if their is even
> 32Bit CardBus support.

NetBSD does have 32bit CardBus support - using it here.  However, it is
not included in the GENERIC kernel by default.

I am assuming you are installing on i386 platform?  If so, here's some
things to try if you haven't already...

There are installation floppy discs with Cardbus support available as
images on the netbsd ftp site, though I cannot personally tell you whether
there is support for your combined network card and modem.  I'd be
surprised if there wasn't though.

The url for getting the files you need to create the floppy discs is:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/i386/installation/floppy/

In NetBSD, you can create these floppies using the line...

dd if=image_name of=/dev/rfd0a

In windows, you can use the utilities available in:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/i386/installation/misc/

If that doesn't help, chances are you will need a custom install floppy
image created, as well as a customised running kernel, and I cannot help
with that unfortunately, but someone in here most certainly will be able,
as it is here I managed to get my laptop up and running.

Good luck!