Subject: Re: /etc/mk.conf problems
To: Jose Muniz <jmuniz@cup.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/12/2001 21:10:46
--- Jose Muniz <jmuniz@cup.org> wrote:
> hey all:
>
> first off i'm from a solaris and freebsd background,
> just getting starting
> on netbsd.

Good deal.

> ok... here's my problem: i wanted to install lyx
> from the pkgsrc, but i
> hit an error on make. basically:
>
> xyz has an unacceptable license:
> fee-based-commercial-use.
> to build this package, add this line to your
> /etc/mk.conf:
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=fee-based-commercial-use
>
> i made an /etc/mk.conf file with the
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES directive that
> the error asked me to put in.
>
> however make still reports the ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES
> error when I try to
> install.  i looked up the man page for mk.conf and
> there doesn't seem to
> be any info about the ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES directive.
>
> what can i do? where can i look for more info?
>
> thank you in advance,

What I do in that circumstance, if I agree with the
license, would be something like:
echo ACCEPTABLE_LICENSE+=fee-based-commercial-use >>
/etc/mk.conf

And go on my merry way. If you accept that license,
then you add it to the mk.conf file and it won't ask
you again.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Andy