Subject: NFS: Operation not supported by device
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: admin <brm@cymose.closequarters.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/11/2001 23:38:00
mount_nfs reports "Operation not supported by device" when mounting an exported
directory located on a server on the LAN.

Everything checks out on the server. showmount -e executed from my laptop
indicates that the exported direcory is indeed avaliable to Everyone. RPC
seems to be in full effect, as I can get this info over the network.

The server has mountd, rpcbind, and nfsd's running. NFS support is compiled into
both the server and client kernels. Both are running NetBSD 1.5.2.

About the only thing I can think of is that there needs to be some NFS
component running on the client.

Help appreciated,
Brandon.