Subject: Networking and installation of extra packages
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henrik Petersen <superspunk@mad.scientist.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/11/2001 05:43:48
Hi all.
First of all, I have a problem with connecting to the internet. I'm on LAN, and the standard configuration works fine during installation (1.5.2), except for the fact that I have to use numerical IP addresses, and it even tells me that it'll write the configuration to disk.
However, only the interface (ne2, isapnp ne2000 card) is present, though I can't find it's .conf file, I can see it with ifconfig. the DHCP client configuration is nowhere to be found, and simply can't get it to work, it says something like "/netbsd: ne2: device timeout". Anyone got any suggestions ?

My second problem is this:
I figures maybe I needed to compile my own kernel, so I booted the installation program and selected "Re-install or install additional sets". It then tells me that my filesystem is not NetBSD, though I just partitioned it, and I'm pretty sure I chose "NetBSD" as kind.

Your help will be mucho appreciated, thanks.
Henrik D. Petersen

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup