Subject: Re: Erratic behaviour with cdrecord,mkhybrid
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/06/2001 11:48:01
Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi> wrote:

>  4. but then again, the most important stuff (CVS repositry)
>     was full of files, where correct sizes were reported,
>     but opening the files showed that there was no data in
>     them at all. but again, some files were OK there too.
>     (depth of directory tree had no effect: some worked,
>      some didn't)

[...]

> Well, I can't understand what's the problem here at all. I'm
> trying mkisofs... but I think mkhybrid is not to blame here.

I encountered the exact same problem using mkisofs and cdrecord on a
Linux machine.  Maybe it's cdrecord?  In my case, as well, all files on
the CD were fine except for one directory, which did apparently contain
the correct directory-information (file names, sizes etc), but normal
files were not burned to the CD.

Do you by any chance get a message like this:

"attempt to access beyond end of device
0b:01: rw=0, want=587162, limit=454040"

when attempting to read the file?

-Jan