Subject: Re: Network proxies; NAT
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/06/2001 09:41:34
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 06:41:58AM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:
> response.  I don't understand exactly what the AAAA record is, but it
> looks like a dns lookup request from tcpdump.  If that's all that it is,
> then that's not really the (main?) problem.)

DNS records holding hostname->IP mappings are A records. They hold IPv4
addresses. IPv6 addresses have four times as many bits. The DNS record
holding the hostname->IPv6 mapping is an AAAA record.
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994