Subject: Re: Dynamic configuration...
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/03/2001 09:23:30
Since you are dealing with TCP/IP over Ehternet, why not just use DHCP
everywhere? DHCP should be able to set most things, like IP address, net
mask, default gateway, DNS server addresses, etc. If there are other
things you want to set, you could add code to the startup script like
Manuel said.

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Manuel Bouyer whote:
> Well, you have to hack /etc/rc.d/network for this.

The trick is finding something that will be unique to each network, like
the network number (first few octets of the IP address) and using it in
an if statement.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675