Subject: Re: Help with sendmail on NetBSD-1.5.2
To: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: David Melton <dmelton@banzuke.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/2001 21:46:57
Just about everything you need to know is at
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

Another file you'll need to modify is local-host-names, which is just a list
of all of the domains for which you're handling mail.

The other files you'll definitely need to alter for virtual hosting are:
virtusertable - maps incoming email addresses to user accounts on your
machine.
genericstable - maps user accounts on your machine to outgoing email
addresses

Just like previous sendmail versions, both of these files need to be
converted into database files before sendmail can use them
(e.g.,  makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable).  That's where the .db
files come from.

local-host-names doesn't need to be processed with makemap. It's read just
as it is.

Hope this helps,
   Dave Melton