Subject: Re: soft updates and asynchronous writes
To: None <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
From: Peter Mancuso <unishell@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/27/2001 17:06:10
Hi John,

Actually yes that made allot of sense....I knew that a total asynch mount
was faster yet more dangerous then using softupdates....

In a few Linux vs BSD comparisons I have read, the BSD box was not tuned and
scored slower than linux in speed, and the reviewers went on preaching the
power and speed of linux completely ignoring the fact that this speed comes
at a price....in a nutshell that explained my comparison of the two...linux
for hype, bells and whistles, BSD for stability and dependability...in a
production environment, the choice is obvious....

thanks for the clear breakdown mate...much appreciated

peace
pete
out
#!