Subject: Re: Questions about NetBSD/sparc
To: Ricardo Ryoiti Sugawara Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/25/2001 18:30:31
On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 12:09:27AM -0200, Ricardo Ryoiti Sugawara Junior wrote:

>     Hi
>
>     I've succesfully installed NetBSD on an SparcStation 5, but I have
> two questions:
>
>     - The default screen is an ugly black-over-white scheme, 80x25, I
> really don't like that. Is it possible to change the foregrond color to
> white and the background to black ? And would it be possible to add more
> than 80x25 lines in the screen (IE, reducing the "font size"...).

You have to recompile a kernel for this. For white on black add
options        RASTERCONSOLE_FGCOL=WSCOL_WHITE
options        RASTERCONSOLE_BGCOL=WSCOL_BLACK
to your config file. To use a smaller font add:
options        FONT_BOLD8x16
but I'm not sure this will give you more lines (I didn't try it).
You may also want to try
options RASTERCONS_FULLSCREEN

>     - X works only at 8bpp...

This depends on your hardware. What framebuffer do you have ?
The dmesg will tell you.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>