Subject: Re: Anyone able to run kdm properly?
To: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/2001 14:00:08
Sung,

No, I can't use KDM. But I don't have to shut down NetBSD. From KDE, when I
click the LOGOUT button under the PADLOCK button, it kills X and I fall back
to the CLI. I can then SU to different user and call "startx" again. On
XFree86 version 4, though, every time I do that, the CLI characters get
dimmer and dimmer...to the point where eventually I must restart NetBSD so as
to read the CLI. Or...I may sometimes just type very carefully so as to make
no error while looking at a totally dimmed-out CLI.

Not the best, but beats a total reboot. I'll be following this thread in the
hopes that you locate a real solution.

Regards,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI