Subject: Re: XTerm default font
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2001 11:25:29
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Chris Pinnock wrote:

> XTerm*font: 9x15
>
> (replacing 9x15 by your desired font size) in your .Xresources file.

That has the side-effect of changing the menu font, which may not be
what you want.

> Also make sure that a "xrdb ~/.Xresources" happens when you start your X
> windows session (e.g. in your .xinitrc file or your .xsession file).
> Some people prefer to use the -merge option with xrdb.
> The change doesn't happen automatically (you have to run "xrdb ~/.Xresources"
> for it to take effect).

That works. I find it's less trouble to set ${XENVIRONMENT}, as you
can just edit the file and launch the program. There is a default for
that, but it includes the host name, and I can never remember exactly
what it is. (It's also silly to have different settings for different
hosts -- different X servers maybe, but different log hosts?)

Frederick