Subject: Re: XTerm default font
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2001 16:33:34
On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 10:33:19AM -0500, Claude Marinier wrote:
> My PC is running NetBSD 1.5.2 with X and I am somewhat new to X11R6.
> I have been looking for a way to convince xterm to start with the large
> font (middle age vision). I have been crusing the man pages and the BBI
> (Big Bad Internet) and I have found all sorts of hints but no clear
> solution.
>
> I was about to modify the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm but
> thought that I would check with you all first.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

I would use something like:

XTerm*font: 9x15

(replacing 9x15 by your desired font size) in your .Xresources file.
Also make sure that a "xrdb ~/.Xresources" happens when you start your X
windows session (e.g. in your .xinitrc file or your .xsession file).
Some people prefer to use the -merge option with xrdb.

The change doesn't happen automatically (you have to run "xrdb ~/.Xresources"
for it to take effect).

best wishes,
--
Chris