Subject: Re: NetBSD Links (Newbie networking questions)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker1119@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2001 18:41:56
> What's the right way to start ftpd?  I don't see a script for ftpd in
> /etc/rc.d.  Is there some other way this is supposed to be done?

You've added yourself to the "wheel" group right?

> Finally, are there any good NetBSD documentation resources that aren't
> linked from netbsd.org?  I've been searching around but haven't found any
> massively helpful HOWTO resources elsewhere on the web.  I'd love to have
> people send me links that will answer my other questions and slap me
around
> to RTFM.  I'll gladly try to solve my own problems given the information.

Here's some (mostly) NetBSD links I've come across:
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/laptops-and-netbsd.html
http://www.vmunix.com/
http://www.inner-smile.com/bsd.phtml
http://wss.berkeley.edu/topical/topical.html

Also, there is the Public Access Unix site http://www.freecell.org that runs
on NetBSD - telnet in and open a free account to explore it. Better yet, get
a faster arpanet account w/ extra services via their $36 lifetime
membership.

~beaker