Subject: Re: sqwebmail & NetBSD -current
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/2001 22:50:02
on 11/19/01 10:20 PM, Nigel Reed at nigel@nelgin.nu wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get sqwebmail to work with shadow passwords on
> NetBSD current? I'd be interested to know that the ./configure
> parameters are. I just get informed there is no such userid or password
> is invalid...pretty much stuck.

There are two ways in which sqwebmail can work with system passwords. One is
that it can authenticate against the system password database. (This is
probably what you're shooting for.) The other is that there's an expect
script for a user to change his password. (You might want this too.)

It just so happens that I put together a mostly-working sqwebmail package
this weekend. I have it running on 1.5.2, and it authenticates against the
system password database just fine. I haven't tried the expect script yet,
but I'm pretty sure it'll need patching to work with our passwd(1) messages.

If you're interested to try what I have so far (warning: it's not at all
polished), let me know by private mail.

- Amitai