Subject: Modem logs in, but can't do anything
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Kanter <dkanter@rushu.rush.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2001 22:13:26
I've followed the NetBSD PPP User's Guide to the letter. I can use my modem
to log in over the Internet, but no traffic goes over the line.

If I traceroute an address, it hops/recognizes two servers that are in my
school's domain and then I get lines of "* * *" for the rest. If I ping an
address, I get the introductory line of information and then it just hangs.
Nothing

What have I done wrong? Is it a defaultroute thing? That's already in the
pppd options file. Traffic works fine in Windows, so I don't think this is a
hardware problem.