Subject: msdosfs issues on i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: phaet0n _ <phaet0n@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/2001 13:04:33
I updated to the latest i386 snapshot on my system. Using the GENERIC kernel
provided with the update, I can access my fat32 partition on disk with long
filenames with no problem. On a specialized build of the kernel, however,
with the latest source tar file from NetBSD-current, I have trouble
accessing a directory with a long file name. If I specify MSDOSFS in my
kernel configuration file are there any others that I must specify? My
specialized kernel builds with no problem, however a lot of options are
turned off. Aside from the MSDOSFS issue, eveything about the special kernel
works as desired. Thanks for any help in this matter.