Subject: [Fwd: Status of RTL8139C Network Adapters?]
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/2001 18:23:39
--------------C351A3186771043D65A09E91

Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:05:23 +0100
From: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
To: Scott Hallock <scotthal@null.net>
Subject: Re: Status of RTL8139C Network Adapters?

Scott Hallock wrote:
> =

> Has anyone looked into getting RTL8139C network adapters working in
> NetBSD?  My supply of revision B adapters is running perilously low.
> =

> If there is any documentation for these adapters available online that
> someone could point me to, I might be able to look at what's changed.
> I have done driver development before, but never on a BSD system.
> =

> Also, does anyone know if revision C adapters work on Linux or one
> of the other BSDs?  A quick driver comparison might reveal the differen=
ces
> if that is the case.  A superficial Google search on the topic yielded
> inconclusive results, as "RTL8139C" tends to return many, many pages.
> =

> Thanks,
> =

> Scott

Hi Scott,

my NetBSD-1.4.1 doesn=B4t support the rtl8139c.
I installed the Wasabi NetBSD-1.5 CD-Set and the NIC runs well.

The fist one is named "W-LINX" and has a chip w/ label "RTL8139c".
The driver floppy contains a lot of drivers,even for Linux and =

FreeBSD(source-only).

The second one is labeled as "FASTline PCI UTP 10/100 Realtek-Chip",
from Compu-Shack(www.compu-shack.de).Chip is "RTL8139c".
A lot of drivers on floppy,even for Linux.

Both Cards run well on NetBSD-1.5 and several brands of Linux(tested
with
suse-6.4(kernel-2.2.14)/suse-7.2(kernel-2.4.4)and debian-3.0-beta
(kernel-2.2.18;i=B4m not shure now).

Win2k detects both cards as "Realtek 8139(A)based Adapter".
This is not true,they are 8139c-chips.

hope this helps a little

Frank

--------------C351A3186771043D65A09E91--