Subject: Re: wscons and mice with extra buttons
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@jellonet.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2001 18:54:01
Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Martin Weber wrote:
>> And if not ? I have a 4 button logitech trackball, whose fourth
>> button does not show up in xev ... Using X 4.1 (built on my own)
>> and wsmouse protocol, so I'm interested, too ;)
>
> Try `od -X /dev/wsmouse' when X isn't active and check if you see
> proper wsevents.  If you do, then someone needs to fix the wsmouse
> driver in X.  If you don't, well, talk to me, then the ums driver might
> need fixing.

I have a similar problem (the mouse being an optical mouse with two
buttons and a wheel on top and two buttons on the left and right side).

On my NetBSD/i386 1.5.1, `od -X /dev/wsmouse' only shows traffic
for the top buttons, the wheel, and mouse movements -- not for the
side buttons.

Regards
    Ingolf