Subject: Re: logging syslog to a remote syslogd
To: dan radom <dradom@redback.com>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/2001 13:40:26
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, dan radom wrote:

> I'm having one hell of a time getting this netbsd machine to log to a
> remote syslogd.  Here's the config and syslog debug.  Thanks in advance
> for the help.
> SYSLOG CONFIG
> #       $NetBSD: syslog.conf,v 1.6 1997/02/21 09:04:26 mikel Exp $
>
> *.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv.none;mail.crit        /dev/console
> *.info;auth,authpriv,cron,ftp,kern,lpr,mail.none        /var/log/messages
> *.info;auth,authpriv,cron,kern                          @lunar

Hello Dan,

Call me a dolt, but aren't you missing a priority for the last item of the
last line shown above?  For example, what happens when you change "kern" to
"kern.*"?

-bp
--
# bryanxms at ecst dot csuchico dot edu       Support the American Red Cross
# Software Engineer                               http://www.redcross.org