Subject: Re: Colored ls output
To: Stefan Wagner <stefan@braincell.cc>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/2001 13:54:50
On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:35:39PM +0100, Stefan Wagner wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've just installed NetBSD for the first time (version 1.5.2) and now I'm
> wondering, if there is any chance to get a colored ls output (different
> colors for various file types)? I tried to find some hints in the ls man
> page, but I wasn't successful. Does anybody know, what I have to do or where
> I can find any documentation about it??
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stefan

No problem, there is 'colorls' in pkgsrc. (pkgsrc/misc/colorls) - It has slightly
different options, so you maybe could alias it to cls or such ;) if you do no
know how to add packages, have a look at www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

Have fun with the Net Berkeley System Drug!

Martin Weber
--
1984 is NOW