Subject: Re: UDP Lite?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ali Khayam <ali_khayam@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2001 18:35:52
Hi.

First of all thanks for replying because I was
starting to think that nobody would reply to this mail
:)

"UDP Lite" is a variation of the traditional UDP
protocol that has been tailored for high-error rate
networks with low processing power nodes e.g. wireless
networks. "UDP Lite" happens to be my area of research
right now.

NetBSD's implementation of a "UDP Lite" prototype has
been mentioned in two separate places:

  (1) Larzon, L-Å, Degermark, M., Pink, S., "UDP Lite
for Real-Time Multimedia Applications" , Proc. IEEE
International Conference of Communications, June 1999.
(www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/1999/HPL-IRI-1999-001.pdf)

  (2) UDP Lite Reading Group
("http://www.cdt.luth.se/~pelle/graduate/reading/udplite/udplite.shtml")

The paper mentioned in (1) is by the pioneers of this
protocol.

Please inform me whether this feature is still
supported or not.

Thanks.

  -- ali

--- "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com>