Subject: Re: Help getting netatalk working
To: Shawn Dunn <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/22/2001 14:27:05
At 9:18 PM -0700 10/21/01, Shawn Dunn wrote:
>offhand, (and this is coming from linux experience, and not *BSD),
>I'd say you need to get into /etc/services, and add the ports and
>protocols for appletalk.   the exact ports needed elude me at the
>moment, but if I can find my notes, I'll post them here for you.

Not likely. He installed UMICH NetAtalk, not Adrian Sun's...this
means that it is AppleTalk only and doesn't do AFP-over-IP.

I don't know what the problem is, though. What architecture is this
on, and what Ethernet card? One possibility is that the Ethernet card
doesn't support AppleTalk packets...or possibly the NetBSD driver for
the card doesn't.

Just a thought,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.