Subject: How to properly start named
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/21/2001 16:29:50
Hello,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get named running using the existing
rc file structure of NetBSD-1.5.2.  If I add 'named=YES' to rc.conf, I get
a "can't open /etc/named.conf" error message.  Of course, there is no
/etc/named.conf - the named.conf that comes with NetBSD-1.5.2 is in
/var/namedb.  If I manually invoke named with "-w /etc/namedb" everything
works.  I'm just trying to understand what I'm expected to do to get this
going without tweaking something*.  I can always move
/etc/namedb/named.conf to /etc, but it seems odd that the distro would ship
that way.

* Obviously I've modified the named.conf and added my own zone files. :-)

Pointers appreciated.

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org                      Support the American Red Cross
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan                    http://www.redcross.org