Subject: Two default routes?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Amir Nazary <amir@ionis.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/19/2001 16:34:00
Anyone know a way of dynamically utilizing two default routes(gateways
to the internet) on a NetBSD box without the use of BGP or some other
dynamic routing protocol.  What I'm looking to do is load balance (just
a simple 50/50 algorithm is fine) and be fault tolerant (use only 1 when
the other is down).

I'm running a small office network, and we happen to have two different
ethernet connections to the internet from different providers.  The
NetBSD box is acting as a firewall/NAT router.  Not running routed or gated.

Thanks in advance,
Amir