Subject: How to bypass the rc scripts in boot process
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <Asrivastava7@aol.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/16/2001 03:43:46
--part1_f6.10ca5448.28fd3f32_boundary

Hi,
   I have a sparcstation5 with NetBSD1.5, recently I entered /etc/rc.d/inetd
start command in rc.conf file, now it goes in a infinte loop when booted. As
this machine doesn't have a disk (no floppy + cd drive), i was wondering if
anyhow i can bypass -the rc.conf file. If ctrl-c the loop it goes in a
single-user mode and i can't modify anything in /etc directory. Any help is
highly appreciated.

thanks,
-Ashish

--part1_f6.10ca5448.28fd3f32_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi,
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;I have a sparcstation5 with NetBSD1.5, recently I entered /etc/rc.d/inetd start command in rc.conf file, now it goes in a infinte loop when booted. As this machine doesn't have a disk (no floppy + cd drive), i was wondering if anyhow i can bypass -the rc.conf file. If ctrl-c the loop it goes in a single-user mode and i can't modify anything in /etc directory. Any help is highly appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>thanks,
<BR>-Ashish</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f6.10ca5448.28fd3f32_boundary--