Subject: Re: Compaq Proliant 1000
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Garen L. Evans, II <g_evans2@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/2001 16:52:39
> There is a sim710 driver in linux but it seems to be MCA only.

While I was using my favorite windoze web search application (webferret), I
came accross a website that has a little information regarding compaq
machines and linux (specifically RedHat).

http://www.van-dijk.net/

The big thing here is to use the 'sim710.o' and 'cpqarray.o' to make this
work.

Are these modules for RedHat only, or will they also work with NetBSD as
they are?

I wouldn't mind using RedHat as the OS, but would rather use NetBSD if it
will work.

Hope something here helps.

Garen L. Evans, II
g_evans2@hotmail.com

--Windows    where do you want to go today..
--Linux          where do you want to go tomorrow..
--BSD           Are you guys coming, or what?....