Subject: Re: mgetty+sendfax setup on NetBSD V1.4.x
To: None <Bbmillerr@aol.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/09/2001 18:59:51

Did you try pkgsrc ? http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

> Also in the manual it states that I need to run it on a device cua* instead
> of tty*.  Is this true?  Can anyone explain to me how to start the working
> mgetty program in the ttys file.

You can use /dev/tty* but then you won't be able to dial out while mgetty is
waiting for a dial-in. cua* is dty* on NetBSD.

I have this in my /etc/ttys:
tty02   "/usr/pkg/sbin/mgetty"          unknown on secure
(I don't care about dial-out so I use tty)
Then setup mgetty.config
In mine I have:
speed 115200
port tty02
init-chat "" AT OK ATZ OK AT&F1 OK ATM0 OK
data-only y