Subject: autoconfiguration for hot swappable device
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ferry Sutanto <fsutanto@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/08/2001 11:56:30
Hi all,

I got a question on autoconfiguration for hot
swappable device. I am putting support for a pcmcia
device and have some question.

1) Right now, I want to know how to handle the case
when the card got inserted. I know where the device is
in the tree. Do I need to trace the device's ultimate
parent to do the configuration ? Is there any api for
finding the parent ? I am not sure if such api exist
so I wrote my new api to find a parent of a device.

2) is there any code example I can take a look for
this support ?

Thanks!

Ferry