Subject: Missing pkgs for gnome
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: pcw <pcw@karpy.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/06/2001 08:13:11
	Tried to install gnome on my 1.51 i386 system so that I could run
gnumeric to be able to read the occasional quotes we get sent in excel
format.

	Turned into a major nightmare.

	First since there was no gnome meta-pkg, I tried loading the
edesktop meta-pkg from pkgsrc, since it seemed to contain a complete
gnome desktop. This blew up after a few hours with missing dependencies. I
was able to get a little further by downloading packages of some of the
missing pieces and starting the edesktop make again.  Eventally I got to
the point that I downloaded the gnome-core package but it has dependencies
on packages that I cant find!

	Dont have the names of the missing pieces here but pretty sure
that one was called p5-Data-Dumper-something-or-other and thats not
anywhere to be found on the NetBSD ftp site...

	What do I do now the get the gnome package loaded?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Peter Wallace